
EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsWESTFIELD, Ind. -- The future of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Anthony Richardson Sr. remains unclear, but signs continue to point to him remaining with his current team.Assistant general manager Ed Dodds strongly suggested on Sunday that Richardson will remain in Indianapolis because the Colts intend to prioritize quarterback depth.Asked how he viewed the idea of trading Richardson, Dodds said, "I think you take care of your own team first."The Colts' quarterback decisions are being heavily influenced by last year's struggles at the position. After starter Daniel Jones sustained a season-ending Achilles tear in December, and with Richardson already sidelined with an orbital fracture, the Colts remarkably pulled quarterback Philip Rivers out of retirement to start the following three games."We want to have three [quarterbacks] that can play," Dodds said. "So, if [Richardson] is one of them, he's going to be here... Look at last year. You never know."Richardson, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2023 draft, lost a preseason position battle to Jones last season, putting his long-term status with the team in doubt. Richardson requested a trade in February and the team granted his representative permission to discuss deals with other teams. But no deal materialized, according to general manager Chris Ballard, and Richardson ultimately reported to offseason workouts.On Thursday in New England, he started the Colts' preseason opener and had an impressive showing. Richardson completed 11 of 14 passes for 145 yards while rushing six times for 53 yards.